- Call ahead to place orders or request samples.
- Customers will not be allowed inside facilities, including warehouse space. (NOTE: Dallas is an exception since the Will Call window is just inside the warehouse. Customers should remain in the immediate Will Call area.)
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and Dakota staff.
- Temporary Will Call hours:
Houston: 8:00am-3:00pm Mon-Fri
Lafayette: 8:00am-3:00pm Mon-Fri (IMPORTANT: Order pick up will be scheduled by appointment.)
All other branch location hours have not changed at this time:
Dallas: 7:30am-4:00pm Mon-Fri
Austin: 7:30am-4:30pm Mon-Fri
San Antonio: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
Waco: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri
El Paso: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Fri & 9:00am – 12:00pm Sat
Tulsa: 7:30am-4:00pm Mon-Fri
- Wear A Mask. The most effective tool to prevent the spread of the virus is wearing a mask when 6 foot social distance cannot be maintained, especially while indoors.
- Socially Distance. Maintain 6 feet distance from others. All standard culturally established and socially normal and acceptable physical contact will be avoided until future notice. This includes: handshakes, hugs, backslaps, high fives and fist bumps. When incidental or accidental contact occurs: wash hands thoroughly and immediately.
- Wash Hands. Wash Hands. Wash Hands. All Dakota employees are to be instructed to Wash Hands frequently throughout the day. This includes drivers in the field who should wash hands at the beginning and end at every stop where possible. Health officials are reporting that washing your hands (and your face) is the best and most important defense we can employ. Pass this information on to your employees during any and all correspondence: whether the correspondence is directly related to the Virus or not. Post signage where employees and customers can see it: reminding all to wash their hands. Make sure, since people will be washing their hands more than usual, we maintain soap availability at every sink in every office and warehouse in the company every day. Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes are hard to come by. If you have them, use them. If you can procure them: do it.
- Avoiding Touching Your Face. We have learned that we don’t realize how often we routinely and subconsciously do this. Health professionals report, if we keep our hands clean and keep them away from our mouth and face, we greatly reduce our risk of contracting disease.
- Coughs & Sneezes. All coughs and sneezes should be executed into the arm or shoulder followed by immediate Hand Washing
- Increase Facility Cleaning. All work surfaces to be disinfected frequently (computers, key boards, mouse, desks, phones etc. All branches have Management approval to increase cleaning crew visits if possible.
- Outside Sales Activities Restricted To Customer Visits By Confirmed Appointment Only. This policy will be reviewed daily.
- No Vendor Visits To Dakota Facilities Until Further Notice. At this time (subject to change without notice) Dakota employees and our customers are allowed in our facilities. Anyone that does not fall under the category of Dakota employee or customer is not allowed into the facility without specific permission from Dakota Management. Don’t accept any appointments from any outside visitors until further notice. We will allow cleaning crews, trash pickup and other essential company service providers to perform their duties for us at this time.
- Company Travel Is Restricted. Travel by anyone in the company must be approved, in advance, by the CEO. This will stay in place until further notice.
- Stay Home If You Feel Ill. If you even suspect you might have a condition that could be contagious: Stay Home. We all have PTO and/or sick leave available. If you think you could pass something on or endanger fellow employees or customers if you come to work: use that PTO/Sick Leave for the protection of all.
- Teamwork & Focus of all is of the utmost importance as we navigate this threat. Everyone must work together to do their part to help protect each other.
Dakota Premium Hardwoods values most of all, our families, employees and customers. Our prayers are for all to be well during these trying times. Our goal is to help our customers and employees continue to make a living, by operating smartly enough, to stay open for business. We are monitoring developments every day: and, are prepared to revise policy at any time, with the primary goal of keeping everyone healthy. All Dakota employees are being coached daily regarding procedures designed to reduce risk and exposure to the Corona Virus. Please bear with us while we navigate these unchartered waters. Dakota and its customers are a big family that depends on one another to succeed. The first step in that success is good health. We will continue to move forward prioritizing health as we work our way through this Worldwide Crisis.
Ron Mazzarella, CEO
Dakota Premium Hardwoods