We have created this Privacy Notice in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy, and to describe our policies and practices with respect to the collection and use of your personal information. We recognize that our customers value knowing how their personal information is used and shared. This Privacy Notice includes our information gathering and dissemination practices for the www.dakotahardwoods.com website (the “Website”) including information gathered at the Dakota Premium Hardwoods online catalog or any other areas of the Website. By using the Website and accessing our goods or Services (as defined below), in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice, and that you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your information in the ways described in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice explains how we may collect, use, and/or disclose your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that we obtain through the Website, mobile applications, through our catalogs, our pick up locations, sample sales, and warehouse sales (collectively, our “Services”).
This Privacy Notice applies to the United States only. We recognize that privacy is an ongoing responsibility, and we will update this Privacy Notice as we undertake new personal data practices or adopt new privacy policies. You agree that any dispute over privacy or the terms contained in this Privacy Notice, our Terms and Conditions, or any other agreement we have with you, will be governed by the laws of Illinois. You also agree to arbitrate such disputes in Waco, Texas, through the American Arbitration Association, in accordance with its commercial rules of arbitration then in effect, and to abide by any limitation on damages contained in any agreement we may have with you.
What Information is Collected and Stored?
We collect and store certain information automatically whenever you access the Services. The amount and type of information we collect depends upon the Services you use. For example, when you access the Website, we collect your IP address, browser information and related information. We also collect information regarding traffic patterns and Website usage. This information is used to analyze and improve the Website and to provide customers with an improved ordering experience.
We may ask you for Personal Information when you register and use the Website. This information enables us to contact you and provide information regarding the Services we offer, including new products and Services that we may introduce from time to time, and to enable customers to obtain product literature, receive online newsletters, or access restricted areas of the Website.
We collect and store information that you enter through this Website or otherwise. For example, when you open an account or place an order with us, we collect and store some or all of the following information: your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, telephone number, fax number, credit card numbers and expiration dates, banking information, and social security or other tax identification number. We may also collect information from other sources, such as credit bureaus and delivery services in order to provide our Services. Any and all information collected is used to provide the products and Services that you order or request, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations and to provide customer service, report and file tax and other information to state tax agencies, validate customer base against sanctions lists, and ensure compliance with various segments of our business. In order to ship and track product orders, we make your name and address information available to common carriers and courier services. Information we collect also may be used by us to contact you about products, promotions, upcoming events, special offers and new Website features. Each time a visitor comes to the Website or otherwise accesses our Services, we may count, track and aggregate the visitor’s activity into an analysis of general traffic flows at the Website.
Is Personal Information Shared with Third Parties?
We do not sell or rent to others any Personal Information that you provide to us through this Website, except with your consent or as described in this Privacy Notice. We do not share Personal Information with third parties except we may share Personal Information with the following people for the following reasons:
- Our affiliates: meaning our parent company, Adolph Würth GmbH & Co., and any organization that, directly or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, that we or it controls. Any of those organizations may use your Personal Information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Notice.
- Third parties at your request: You may choose to share your activities on the Website with others through email, text or on various social media networks.
- Select third parties for purposes of providing you with information and marketing messages about products or Services that may interest you.
- Service providers: third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us on our behalf, which may include providing targeted advertisements, providing mailing, fax or email services, order fulfillment and shipping, delivery scheduling, marketing and promotional material distribution, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Product Suppliers: third party product suppliers to us or our affiliates who may have a legitimate business or legal interest in receiving such information. For example, Personal Information may be shared with product suppliers to fulfill warranty service obligations, drop ship transactions, product recalls, or transaction tracking regarding shipments or leases of the supplier’s products.
- The public: when you provide feedback or post user content on our Website. For example, if you post a product review on our Website or a comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may appear on our Website or on our social media pages.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business or legal transaction, such as a merger, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of our Services; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of us and our affiliates, or others.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks: We may use Personal Information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
The Website contains links to a limited number of other websites with whom we are not affiliated. These are called “Third Party Websites”. The Website currently links to: the Blum website (Blum Privacy Notice (Opens in new window)), a vendor of ours. Additionally, we may re-direct you to a YouTube channel (YouTube Privacy Notice (Opens in new window)).
We are not responsible for the privacy notices or policies applicable to other websites or how they may treat information about their users. Advertisers on the Website or other websites to which our customers link may have the ability to assign cookies in a process not under our control. We have no control over the use of the information collected by linked websites or others.
Is Information Collected from Children?
We do not knowingly collect, use, or share Personal Information from children under the age of 16. Please immediately Contact Us if you become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Information so that we may investigate and delete information as may be appropriate.
From time to time, we may sponsor promotional events which require the collection, processing and storing of individual contact and demographic information to be used for the event. We may also co-sponsor these activities with other organizations. We may merge information about you which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with co-sponsors, advertisers and our affiliates. Your Personal Information will not be released by us to co-sponsoring third parties or non-participating organizations without your consent and, although we may request that co-sponsors of such events uphold the privacy of your Personal Information, we have no liability where the co-sponsors do not comply with our requests.
An option may be made available for users during the event registration process to choose to receive information from third-party organizations.
How Can Information Be Corrected?
If you would like to have us correct or update your Personal Information, please send your corrections or updates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Steps Are Taken to Protect Customer Information?
The Website has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of Personal Information under our control. We use reasonable industry standard procedures and processes to safeguard the confidentiality of Personal Information including encryption of Personal Information prior to transmission over the Internet. The Website uses secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption technology provided by Siteground/Let’s Encrypt Authority X3. Users of the Website should ensure that their browsers support SSL encryption technology. However, when you submit information over the Internet, the information may travel over many systems not under our control. Others may intercept the information you send. To protect Personal Information, you should take appropriate steps to guard your password and close your browser when away from your computer or other device. You may change your password or may request a new password from us. If you or any visitor to the Website becomes aware of any loss, theft or unauthorized use of a password, please notify us immediately by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.
As of January 1, 2020, California Civil Code Section 1798.100-199, provides California residents with certain rights with respect to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information. If you are a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right of Access | Right to Notice: California residents have the right to request from us: the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected, the business purpose or commercial purpose for collecting the Personal Information, the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information we have shared and the reasons we shared it and a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
- Right of Deletion: California residents have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we collect from you. However, in certain situations we are not required to delete your Personal Information, such as when the information is necessary in order to complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, to provide a good or Service requested by you, to comply with a legal obligation, to engage in research, to secure our Websites or other online services, or to otherwise use your Personal Information internally in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Right Not to Be Subject to Discrimination: Should you exercise any of your privacy rights as a California consumer, we will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of Services. However, in some circumstances, for example where you have requested or consented to our Services that use your Personal Information to provide the service, we may not be able to provide a Service if you choose to delete your Personal Information.
To manage your rights as a California resident, concerning our sharing of your Personal Information with such companies, see California Privacy Rights Management Portal (“Rights Request” form). You may object to the sharing of Personal Information, by clicking the DO NOT SELL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION (Opens in new window), link at the bottom of each page of the Website, by accessing our Rights Request form (Opens in new window), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “Rights Request” on the subject line and in the body of your message. Please note that if substantially all of Dakota Premium Hardwoods assets are acquired by a third party, your Personal Information may be included as part of the transferred assets.
When you submit a Rights Request as a California resident through one of these designated methods, we will use the information you submit and the information we have in our systems to try to verify your identity and to match the Personal Information we have collected about you, if any, to your identity. If we are successful in validating your identity, we will respond to your request within the time and in the manner required by law. If we cannot validate your identity, we will attempt to contact you to inform you of this issue. Please note that we are only required to respond to each California resident’s Rights Request twice in any given 12-month period.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
When you use our Service, we automatically collect information about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service. We use this information to enhance and personalize your user experience, to monitor and improve our websites and Services, and for other internal purposes.
You may disable cookies and other Technologies through the settings in your browser.
Mobile App and Connected Devices
Depending on the device you use, you may be able to manage your advertising and location preferences through your device settings. Many operating systems provide their own instructions on how to prevent the delivery of tailored in-application advertisements. We do not control how the applicable platform operator allows you to manage personalized in-application advertisements. You should review your device manufacturer’s support materials and/or the device settings for the respective operating systems for more detail on how to manage such preferences.
You may opt out of location data collection on our mobile app(s) by managing your location preferences in the “My Account” section of that app, or by disabling the GPS services for that app on your mobile device. You can stop all collection of Personal Information by a mobile app by uninstalling our app.
Third-Party Online Services
The Services may contain links to third party services. These other sites may collect information about you and use this information in accordance with their own privacy policies and terms of service. We do not control those third parties’ policies or practices.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain organizational, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect the Personal Information we collect and use. These safeguards vary depending upon a variety of factors including the sensitivity of the information we collect and use. Despite all reasonable practices, no security method is infallible.
Changes and Updates to the Privacy Notice
As our organization, membership and benefits change from time to time, this Privacy Notice is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Notice at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions at this Website. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions and may e-mail you of material changes, but you should check our Website frequently to see the current Privacy Notice that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it. The provisions contained herein supersede all previous notices or statements regarding our privacy practices and the use of the Website.
Contacting Us Regarding This Privacy Notice
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this Website, or your dealings with this Website, or if you think anyone has violated this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: